From humble beginnings Lisnaskea Credit Union Ltd opened its doors in the town on 1st October 1975.
A study group was formed from 24 local members representing various interests concerned about the financial well being of the community in Lisnaskea and the surrounding area.
From these small beginnings and a share holding of £3000, we have now grown into a community Credit Union with over 3500 members and over £10 million in shares.
Aims & Objectives
- To put people before profit - ‘not for profit, not for charity but for service’.
- To provide a safe and secure means of saving for our members, with a fair return of interest.
- To provide loans to members for prudent and productive purposes, at an affordable and reasonable rate of interest.
- To provide loan protection and life savings insurance at no direct cost to the member.
- To provide security of savings through the Credit Union’s fidelity bond, and through the Irish League of Credit Unions’ Savings Protection Scheme.
- To provide financial advice to our members.
- To provide the infrastructure to enable the Credit Union to deliver an efficient member service.
- To identify and respond to members’ requests for additional services and further improvements.